Computers and Technology

How to change windows the windows startup sound?

Started by fluttershy1 19 posts last post 2 years ago

#1

I've been wanting to do this for a while, half because I need a sound which is easier to hear and half just because there's a certain thing I want to do with it because frankly, why not. I saw something about the sound being in a system folder but I'm warey to tamper with system files without due confirmation I'm not going to irreparably damage something in my system. Any help would be appreciated

#2

windows 10 or 11?

#3

Is it different on each or what
McOi

#4

Windows 11 21H2 (AMD64) build 22000.1219

#5 1 like

There's probably some program that can do it for you, I dunno.
Alex Chapman (Alexoloopios)

#6

there is a program called startup sound changer, when you get it, you will have to use the nvda ocr to go through the options.
listen to Manfred Man's earth band and elvis costello and grow some balls

#8

wow. you just can replace the sound in the directory from windows I can't tell you because I won't search it now.

#9

wierd, the startup sound changer works fine with me
listen to Manfred Man's earth band and elvis costello and grow some balls

#10

huh what? and also you know that you don't need a program or that right?
your, best friend is google. I know that there is a really helpful guide since I also googled it a feew months agow.

#11

lol that stupid we are not. that's not working.
-- (Jonathan):
wow. you just can replace the sound in the directory from windows I can't tell you because I won't search it now.

--

#12

to marc:
I'm honestly not sure.

#13

Start up sound changer doesn't even work for me anymore it just dies after the secure desktop thing

#15

its accessible and has worked for me in the past. also the startup sound is not in c:\windows\media. Not sure where it is

#16

ITS IN A DLL
Trussville roll: Deep-fried, smoked salmon, crab salad, cream cheese, topped with mango sauce, sweet soy-reduction, green onion. MMMMM

#17

I know that

#18

Thanks, it worked
-- (blindTechProductions):
use winarrow tweaker

--