Technology

are there any times where you had to use jaws instead of NVDA for some things

Started by MayowaArogundade 8 posts last post 7 months ago

#1

so we all know that certain workplaces (including schools) are verry, and I do mean verry dependent on jaws. Have you guys had to use it too? What was it like? Personally I've pretty much been used to NVDA but I do know some jaws commands. On that note, some braille displays that work with NVDA should also work with jaws, that being the focus40s... That thing lags sometimes when I used jaws, with it, for instance when you try to delete a character it just says a certain letter every time you backspace... I don't know why either. And sometimes it would only switch to contracted braille if you were in a document... because everything outside of that uses computer braille, that being keys like grave accent (`) or whatever it's called...
signed, Mayowa Arogundade

#2

Ye I've used it before, its OK but its stupid how much it costs.
Alex Chapman (Alexoloopios)

#3

I assume it costs around 800 for users of home and education? Like 1000 or more for it?
signed, Mayowa Arogundade

#4

I always find ways to do stuff in NVDA. I don't have JAWS.
Strange, Troubled Times...

#5

One thing that annoys me with NVDA is it lagging up in busy terminals, the amount of times I've had to force restart NVDA is ridiculous!
Alex Chapman (Alexoloopios)

#6

Strange, you are describing what JAWS does for me. NVDA always works in Terminals for me, but one thing that JAWS can do that NVDA can't is keeping the cursor in a document on position while scrolling down with your braille display.
Check out my projects: https://jokyboy129.github.io/

#7

it is ok

#8

yes i agree, i used it in school but now i use NVDA
Just a young guy trying to navagate this fucked up world as best as i can.