Hi everyone, this is Karamin and today I want to talk about L-Swift, the Elton Client for iOS and macOS that I have been developing.
This experiment has been going on for a whole while now, but I initially abandoned it.
But I found it again a while ago and started messing with it and it works pretty good.
This is an Elton Client which is native in Swift, that's why the name L-Swift.
It runs on macOS and iOS. I tested it on the iPhone 16e, but I will soon test it also on the SE3.
And right now you can listen to voice forums and read text forums of course, make voice posts and text posts, read and write PMs in text and voice.
The next thing that I want to achieve is Elton feeds and blogs and I think the next one is conferences.
This will probably take longer, but I'm certain it will work.
I just wanted to create this topic to get if people are interested in this.
If they want to help me test this or localize this. Right now it's only in English and German, because of course I could somehow stuff the Polish translation or other Elton translations in there, but that would be a little rude without asking the makers of them.
I don't speak both languages, so I wouldn't be able to validate if everything works as expected.
So yeah, what do you think?
I will also soon upload a little demonstration.
However, as you may be heard already, I'm on my German phone and my English phone is not connected to my development MacBook right now.
So I will make a demonstration clip later on with the English phone connected.
Thank you for listening.
Bye for now.
Hello everyone, I am right now recording the English audio demonstration for the L-Swift program on my iPhone.
And we'll just see how this goes. It will be available later on AudioPub, you can check it out there.
And I am right now creating this post to demonstrate the voice post creation capability of the L-Swift client on the iPhone.
reply cancel record send button speech off well um sorry um
and please excuse the background noise i'm doing this from a freaking
um you know what let's not talk about it but um sorry
um so this is i'm doing this from elton jr but um
i did see the post on my computer and um
seeing as it is basic and seeing how forms
is basic and seeing as you're able to like form posts on the
computer but not on the iphone on at least not here that is
that makes it um
um sort of a downgrade on the mobile app because you can't also not reply to
well
technically you can reply but you would have to make a thread but you can't quote
threads replies um but
the question now how would you be able to like on ios
you can't because the only option is you can copy the post and that is where you
could quote the post probably but
could leave room for some improvement however
seeing as i am now coming to this thread
and i would actually be interested to see what features the main
l swift slash out swift thing has um
probably wouldn't be all that bad it may have some
features would probably be the same as the main alchinger program but um
yeah so um
i could probably test it if we could somehow get the test flight linked to the main
test flight once well it probably is still in beta so you could test it but
yeah
yeah when
and seeing as all the features are
because you know pc
apps are more feature-rich than mobile
gonna be basic nonetheless um
you know how they have channel spaces in conferences
and when you do introduce that you know how
certain devices will not have the
stereo certain phone well
they are stereo however calls come in in
mono on pretty much every platform
except for when your iphone's stereo microphone
is being
sent from a uh
how do i explain this
be freaking precise um
except for when the
iphones
say you're in team talk and
your voice should be processing because
you could either use it on headphones
or you could turn on
voice
pre
processing on the main device itself but
since
the microphone is broken for people on ios 26 apparently and i am using 18 on
here because
the compatibility was lowered
but yeah
i would
maybe you could send the uh
test flight link in a separate thread and
or the main thread in the
main eec forum
for us to test the program so
yeah the speech tab so i'll say this
send button cancel record
plug
plug
cancel
record
plug
you
can
you can
can
you can
you can
you can
cancel recording set you know i think
this could be said for both eltinger and eltswift
i think both of them are eventually working towards feature parity between desktop and mobile
and about this whole thing about oh apps on the pc are always more feature rich and do more than
mobile apps that doesn't always have to be the case like i've seen some apps that are very
mobile first desktop second and then there are some that have equal uh equal feature parity
across both desktop and mobile
so yeah it doesn't have to be that way so yeah
okay i just listened to the demo of this program on audiopub and um
it is pretty interesting actually to say the least um i may check it out when it releases but um
um mentions
active send button cancel okay yes it is oh but yeah that's it overall
pretty cool concept if i do say so myself
okay as it turns out this thing decided to pause the recording
and um anyway um that portion that it cut out i was going to say was
as a side note the voice posts in the eec are under show and tell and
on the other forums they're probably text and voice and
or that could be a voice only post forum thing or other than the polish forum
where everything is separate while also having miscellaneous stuff so
yep